Signed in as:
Signed in as:
All litters for 2024 are now reserved! We will provide future litter updates on this web page, by email and on Instagram! Make sure to follow us on Instagram (@sunnychestnutfarm) and subscribe to our email list!
A Little Bit About Our Puppies
All of our puppies are whelped and raised in our home (usually that is, right now we don't have a house because we are building!), loved on and played with constantly, and have the sweet personalities of their parents! In every litter, both dam and sire are AKC registered and genetically tested. We use ENS/puppy culture techniques and begin the socialization process by acclimating them to a variety of animals, other dogs, people and sounds. We also begin working on crate training and house training. All puppies are wormed, vaccinated, vet checked and come with a health guarantee.
We take puppy reservations on a first come first served basis with reservations becoming active once the signed puppy contract and deposit are both received. All deposits are non-refundable, but unlike most breeders, at Sunny Chestnut Farm, if for any reason you are not able to take your puppy as planned, we will gladly apply your deposit to a puppy from another litter at any point in the future. As the breeder, we reserve the right to choose which puppies will be sold or kept by us, if any, from each litter.
After Puppies are Born
Once puppies are born, we stay in regular contact with our new families with pictures, videos and updates, it's very exciting! Puppies typically go home on puppy pick up day at eight weeks. All puppies are picked up in person or transported using our transport/flight nanny service (we do not ship puppies). After you go home with your newest family member, we are available to you for support, questions, etc. for the life of your dog. Welcome to the family!
Sunny Chestnut Farm Visitation
We are always very excited for new families who are interested in our puppies and field a constant stream of calls and emails from new people every week. We also receive hundreds of requests for site visits to Sunny Chestnut Farm every year. While we agree that SCF is an amazing place to visit, we are unable to accommodate the general public. We limit site visits to those on our reservation list, as we are able, for several important reasons:
1. This is Our Home – We raise our puppies on our homestead and in our home (as soon as its built!). Unlike a commercial farm, this is where we live, work, raise our children and dogs, and lay our heads at night. We appreciate your respect of our privacy.
2. Huge Volume of Requests – There is no possible way that we can facilitate the number of site visit requests we receive every month, so we have no choice but to form and stick to a visitation policy.
3. Visitors are Potentially Dangerous for Puppies – Newborn puppies have no immunity to disease at all. They can easily contract all manner of viruses and infections that can be dangerous or fatal for the litter. It is surprisingly easy for visitors to inadvertently carry debilitating sickness into SCF.
4. Generally Not Healthy for Our Mothers – Activity and new people are a significant source of stress for nursing moms caring for new pups. This produces stress hormones in nursing mother’s milk that passes to the puppies, causing biochemically induced stress. This is not healthy for moms or pups. In addition, stressed moms can become frantically protective of their pups in the presence of unknown people and accidentally roll on or step on puppies if they panic.
5. Our Home is Not a Petting Zoo – We are frequently contacted by people who want to visit as an activity while on vacation in the mountains. SCF is not able to accommodate these requests.
6. Puppies are Not Ours to Risk – Every puppy has a family that has been anxiously waiting for 1-2 years before it is even born. These puppies are precious, members of another family, and not ours to risk.
7. Active Construction Site – We are presently under construction on a home build and SCF will be an active construction site for the foreseeable future.
We believe that our desire to put the safety and well-being of our family, dogs and puppies as our top priority is demonstrative of our reputability as a breeder. As we are unable to accommodate the general public pre-reservation, we encourage those interested in making a reservation to visit our website, Facebook page and Instagram. There are hundreds of videos and thousands of pictures! You will see far more perusing these sites than you ever could coming by SCF for an hour to say hello. These sites provide an up-close view of the great life of our dogs at SCF and the exceptional care given to every puppy. And of course, feel free to give us a call!
Copyright © 2024 Sunny Chestnut Farm - All Rights Reserved.